Create or have your students create digital flashcards.
Cram, is a relatively new website/mobile app, that will let teachers and students create digital flashcards. Once the cards are created, students can play games that will help them memorize their vocabulary. I am currently creating a set for my Spanish students. Below is a quick demonstration on how to create your first set of flashcards.
- The website address is: www.cram.com
- After you register for an account just click on the
- Next give your flashcard set a title and a description.
- The really neat thing about Cram.com is that you can also import csv files from your computer or from Google Docs.
- You can also select which langauges you will be using for your flashcards. This is great for language teachers like myself.
- Now it time to create your flashcards. Just type the word on the left and the definition on the right, or viceversa.
- The flashcards have a WYSYWIG interface so that you can change font color, size and even add language symbols to which the arrows are pointing.
- Once you are done with typing in the vocabulary and definitions, click the "Create Set" button.
- There are several options in which students can study their flashcards.
- They can use the memorize option to simple memorize the flashcards, test option to create multiple choice tests and my personal favorite are the two games that students can play.
- You can also share the flashcards via email and print.
- Finally your students can access your flashcards by iPhone, Smartphone, Tablets, and by computer.
Again, this is really fun way for students to practice their vocabulary words.
Be sure to check out other catagorized educational content and resources at EducationalResource.org